Hajj Lessons -Level 1 Islamic Studies
Assalamu Aalikum Wr Wbr,
Alhamdulillah! The following was discussed in our last class.
Rituals of Hajj-Things we do in Hajj
- We go around the ka’bah 7 times, this is called Tawaf
- Then we walk between the two hills, As-Safa and Al-Marwah ,7 times this is called Sa’i
- After that we go to Mina. In Mina people stay in tents.
- On the day of Hajj everyone goes to ‘Arafat from Mina-We pray to Allah and ask him to forgive us and guide us.
- After the sunsets pilgrims leave ‘Arafat for Muzdalifah. They stay the night in Muzdalifah praying and asking dua.
- In the morning they return to Mina. First they throw pebbles at the Shaitan and then sacrifice an animal like a goat, cow or sheep.
- After this the men shave their hair or cut it, women only trim their hair.
- Then we change to normal clothes from Ihram.
- On the last day of Hajj, people go back to the Ka’bah, pray there and do the farewell Tawaf before leaving for home.
*PLEASE REVISE WITH YOUR CHILD FOR NEXT WEEK’S HAJJ QUIZ*
Sister Rozana- Level 1 Islamic studies teacher