Lessons for Islamic Studies-Level 1
Assalamu Aalikum Wr Wbr,
Alhamdulillah the year has gone by quickly and has been fruitful at CIS.
My appologies for not posting earlier on this year due to some issues I had with my log in, however JazzakhAllah Khair for your support in the continuity of learning for your child in Islamic studies where our communication has been through the coloured plastic folder and our parent teacher interviews, Alhamdulillah!
We began our Term by looking at the duties of a muslim, the five pillars.
The children are very good at naming them both in Arabic and english as well as saying the shahadah and naming all the five compulsory prayers relating it to times they are offered during the day. They have a sound understanding of fasting and Zakah too, Allahu Akbar!
MashAllah, last lesson we began to focus on Hajj, the fifth pillar and an event that is taking place presently. Please find below an information worksheet which include all the main points we discussed in class. This will help you encourage your child revise what has been taught and discussed so far. You will also find a similar worksheet in your child’s red/blue plastic folder if they attended last Sunday’s class.
- This is the Kabah, it is the house of Allah.
- Allah has told muslims to go to His house, the kabah for Hajj once in our lifetime.
- Hajj is the 5th Pillar of Islam. Muslims go to Makkah, in Saudi Arabia for Hajj.
- Hajj is in the month of Zulhijjah, 12th Month of the Islamic calendar.
- We can go for hajj if…. We are not sick and Have enough money
- We go to Makkah for Hajj By…… Ship , Plane, Bus Or car.
- Getting ready for Hajj
- We clean ourselves before we go…..
- We put on special clothes called Ihram.
- We make the Niyyah for hajj and leave for Makkah.
- All the way we say the Talbiya. It is…..
Labbayka Allahumma Labbayk. Here I am O Allah, Here I am
Labbayka la sharika laka labbayk. Here I am, You have no partner, Here I am
Inn-al Hamda wan-ni’mata laka wal-mulk Surely all praise and grace belongs to You and
Lashareeka lak. You have no partner
PLEASE LEARN ALL OF THESE FOR THE HAJJ QUIZZ!
InshaaAllah, we hope to continue and look into more details of rituals at Hajj & Hajj stories in our next couple of lessons through pictures, discussions and videos.
Please spend time with your children in revising these Hajj lessons as a preparation for school’s the upcoming Hajj quiz for which details will follow via email from sister Sumaiya, InshaaAllah.
Sister Rozana. (Level 1 Islamic studies teacher)